Concealed Pistol License


The Edmonds Police Department is once again open to the public during normal business hours however we remain backlogged on accepting and processing NEW Concealed Pistol License applications.  Please contact us at 425-771-0200 to be added to the list and we will contact you for fingerprint scheduling at our earliest opportunity.  

Edmonds residents may also apply for a new CPL with the
Snohomish County Sheriff's Office online

For information regarding Applications for Renewal or Replacement,
please contact us at 425-771-0200 during business hours
via email at [email protected].

Concealed Pistol Licenses

Applicants must be at least 21 years old, a citizen of the United States (or permanent resident alien), and live within the city limits of Edmonds. Many citizens with Edmonds addresses fall within unincorporated Snohomish County and therefore need to apply with the Snohomish County Sheriff's Office. Applicants unsure of where to apply can verify their law enforcement jurisdiction here.

Applications may be picked up directly from Edmonds PD or downloaded here. Payment options for any associated fees include Visa, Mastercard, cash or checks made payable to the City of Edmonds.

Completed applications are processed within 30 days of receipt or 60 days for those who have not been a Washington resident for the previous ninety consecutive days.

Approved CPLs will be picked up in person or via alternate methods at the discretion of the Edmonds PD. CPLs are valid for five years from the date of issue.

If the application is denied, you will receive communication informing you of the reason(s) for denial along with information on how to appeal the denial. If you have lost your firearm rights, you may petition the court of record where you reside or where the conviction occurred for the restoration of your rights. Out-of-state convictions are more complex when it comes to restoration of your rights; you may wish to consult an attorney for advice or assistance. Edmonds Police Department personnel cannot offer legal advice.

For more information, please refer to the Department of Licensing Concealed Pistol License website.

  • Original (new) Application:

All applications for an original CPL require fingerprint submissions which are offered on Wednesday afternoons by appointment only. Applicants must show a state or federally issued photo identification at the time of application and pay a non-refundable fee of $49.25. If you do not have a Washington State driver's license or ID card, you must provide proof you have lived in the state for at least the last 90 days.

  • Renewal Application:

Renewal applications are accepted up to 90 days prior to the expiration date with a non-refundable fee of $32.

Expired CPLs may be be renewed up to 90 days after the expiration date with a non-refundable fee of $42.

CPLs expired beyond 90 days after the expiration date are not eligible for renewal and require a new / original CPL application with associated fingerprints and fees.

Military personnel unable to renew on time as a result of out-of-state deployment/assignment may qualify for an exemption to the 90-day renewal time limit. Applicants must apply within 90 days of returning to Washington State and provide proof of deployment/assignment dates.

  • Replacement CPL:

A CPL can be replaced if it is lost or the owner has a name or address change. The cost of a replacement is $10. If you have a Washington State driver's license, you are required by law to notify the Department of Licensing within 10 days of moving. The address on file with the Department of Licensing must be your residential address, even if you use a post office box or alternate mailing address.

Edmonds Police Department

250 5th Ave N.
Edmonds, WA 98020
425-771-0200 (voice)
425-771-0208 (fax)

Office Hours: Monday-Friday, 8:30-4:30

For In Progress Emergencies

CALL 911

For Non-Emergency police response or
to file a police report

CALL 425-407-3999

Follow us on Twitter



Like Us on Facebook

Edmonds Police YouTube


Recruitment and Hiring

Why join Edmonds PD?