Highway 99 Area Plan to Be Featured at Open House
Highlights of a new draft Highway 99 Area plan will be presented during an open house November 10, at the Swedish Edmonds hospital, 21601 76th
Ave W., 4th
floor conference room. The public is welcome to drop by the open house anytime between 6:00 and 8:00 pm. A slideshow about the plan will be given at 6:30 pm.
Developing a plan for both land use and transportation issues has been underway for nearly a year. The first view of the plan will take place at the open house. After hearing discussion, City staff and the consultant team will make any revisions and invite more public input.
The draft Highway 99 Area plan will be presented to the Planning Board next month. The Planning Board will then hold a public hearing and make a recommendation to the City Council. The City Council will likely discuss the draft plan in early 2017. Click here for the event flyer.
- At the October 11th City Council meeting Mayor Dave Earling will present the City of Edmonds 2017 Preliminary Budget to the Council and community. Mayor Earling will outline city priorities and discuss economic conditions. read more
Thursday, September 29, 2016 until close of business Friday, September 30, 2016 ~
By Presidential Proclamation Flags are to be flown at half-staff to honor the memory of former President and Prime Minister of Israel, Shimon Peres.
– After nearly five years without the dedicated position of a Human Resources Director, Mayor Dave Earling announced today he has chosen Mary Ann Hardie to fill the position. The announcement follows a months-long process to fill the position after the Edmonds City Council agreed with Mayor Earling it was time to bring the position back. read more
Public Invited 6:00pm, Wednesday, September 28th(Edmonds, WA)
– Conducted earlier this Summer, the National Citizen Survey generated over 900 responses from Edmonds residents, expressing their opinions on a wide range of issues related to community livability. As reported last month, the National Citizen Survey’s “Community Livability Report” states that almost all residents rated the quality of life in Edmonds as excellent or good. While a summary presentation was made by the Community Services Department to City Council in August, the Department has now scheduled an Open House to share the results with the public in a less formal manner. read more
Edmonds City Councilmember and Postmaster Respond to Public Outcry After Removal of Only Downtown Drive-up Mailbox (Edmonds, WA)
– Downtown Edmonds again has a drive-up U.S. Post Office mail drop box, thanks largely to the efforts of Edmonds City Councilmember Dave Teitzel, Edmonds Postmaster Todd Merriman and Edmonds Head Librarian Richard Suico. The three worked together to find a new location for a drive-up mailbox after residents voiced concerns about the removal of the drive-up mailbox at the Second Avenue post office. The new drive-up mailbox is located next to the book-drop bins at the south side of the Edmonds Library in the 600 block of Dayton Street. read more
(Edmonds, WA) –
Edmonds residents interested in working on issues, programs and activities associated with the changing demographics of our community and enhancing an environment of mutual respect and understanding are encouraged to apply to fill an open position on the City’s Diversity Commission. read more
Final Open House Before Advisory Task Force Makes Recommendations to Mayor; Attend Online or In Person at Edmonds Library next Wednesday, 6-8pm (Edmonds, WA)
– City of Edmonds representatives and the Edmonds Waterfront Access Study team are inviting the public to weigh in about a narrowed list of potential alternatives for at-grade rail crossings along the Edmonds waterfront at an Open House on Wednesday, September 14th, from 6-8pm
. The Open House will be held in the Edmonds Library Plaza Room at 650 Main Street and is the final open house to be hosted by the Mayor’s Advisory Task Force before members present their recommendations to the Mayor. read more