Community and Business Resources
The City of Edmonds partners with the Edmonds Chamber of Commerce in addition to local and state agencies to promote business growth and sustained economic health in our community. Contact: Stephen Clifton at 425-771-0251 or
, or Cindi Cruz at 425-775-7724 or
Edmonds Business Resources
Economic and Business Development Organizations
- Edmonds Community College (EdCC) Business Training Center – Are you looking for tools to start or strengthen your business? Edmonds Community College (EdCC) Business Training Center offers courses to help keep your business competitive and state-of-the-art. Whether your company is customer-driven, patient-oriented, service or product based, from 1-1,000 or more employees, their award winning Small Business Development Center (SBDC) can provide training to help your business succeed. EdCC can provide.... Customized learning services on demand, Training at your site, our site, or online, and all levels of training services – from on-time classes to certificates. Phone: (425) 640-1840.
- SnoIsle Libraries Business - SnoIsle Libraries have online and in-library services to help your small business move successfully into the future. This website contains premium online content from various sources, free for SnoIsle Libraries cardholders.
- Edmonds Chamber of Commerce – The Greater Edmonds Chamber of Commerce offers a variety of benefits to its members including networking breakfasts, access to mailing lists, business-related community events and seminars, medical insurance benefits, and links from the Chamber website to member's businesses. Phone: (425) 670-1496.
- Downtown Edmonds Merchants Association (DEMA) - The Partnership is a strong voice for Downtown and an effective liaison between downtown stakeholders and local decision makers. They offer cooperative advertising campaigns and networking opportunities for businesses downtown. All downtown merchants are invited to participate in monthly meeting and events. Contact
. Phone: (425) 670-1496.
- Economic Alliance Snohomish County – An economic enterprise aligning the South Snohomish County Chamber of Commerce, the Everett Area Chamber of Commerce, and the Economic Development Council of Snohomish County. Economic Alliance Snohomish County is a not-for-profit 501(c)3 corporation with a mission of economic vitality for Snohomish County through targeted Business and Industry Strategies and Services, Business and Economic Advocacy and Community and Economic Resource Development. Our integrated organization provides business leadership and collaboration which produces operational excellence. We create an environment for Business and Community Leaders by working together.
- Internal Revenue Service Small Business - Information not only for taxes, but also for Starting a Small Business, Selecting a Business Structure, Recordkeeping, etc.
- Prosperity Partnership Group - The Puget Sound Regional Council Prosperity Partnership is a coalition of more than 300 business, government, nonprofit, labor and education organizations working to promote a strong central Puget Sound economy that will produce jobs and economic opportunities for the people who live here, now and in the future. The Prosperity Partnership was needed before the current economic crisis and is needed even more now. Our goal is a robust economy and high quality of life that will attract and retain businesses and talented workers from all over the world.
- SCORE National Office, SCORE Seattle Office, Score Bellingham Office - Sponsored by the Small Business Administration, SCORE offers free business counseling and publications. Counseling covers initial capital requirements, operating capital, business and marketing plans, pricing, advertising, cash flow, profit/loss, and other business fundamentals. Additionally, for small business counseling, Seattle SCORE provides free, one-on-one business consulting at the Lynnwood Library (425) 778-2148. You can also call the Mukilteo Women’s Business (425) 954-4040, Everett (425) 257-8000, Shoreline Library at (206)362-7550 or Lynnwood Library at (425) 778-2148, or register for classes and events.
- Small Business Administration (SBA) - SBA resources for small businesses including details for SBA's loan guaranteed programs. SBA Seattle District Office and SBA - Starting and Managing a Business.
- Snohomish County Tourism Bureau – The Snohomish County Tourism Bureau is the designated, year-round, tourism and convention marketing and sales organization contracted by Snohomish County to promote the area as a desirable destination for visitors and meeting planners. The Bureau produces a number of promotional brochures and materials. The Snohomish County Tourism Bureau also assists area businesses with tourism development by providing educational seminars, training sessions and cooperative advertising opportunities. The Bureau offers a graphic standards kit for organizations interested in adopting the Snohomish County Tourism official look. Phone: (425) 348-5802.
- Sustainable Edmonds - A nonprofit network of local, independently owned Edmonds businesses, organizations and supporters. Their mission is to be the local forum where businesses come together to transform and model an economy built on sustainable practices.
- Washington State Department of Commerce - A new search tool from the Department of Commerce aims to help businesses easily find the resources that can make a difference to their success. The site allows users to search for many types of assistance, including microloans, business training, and one-on-one counseling.
- Washington State Department of Licensing
- Washington State Dept of Labor and Industries
- Washington State - Doing Business in Washington
- Washington State Employment Security Department
- Washington State Office of Minority and Women’s Business Enterprises
- Washington State - Secretary of State
- Washington State Department of Revenue
- Washington Community Alliance for Self-Help
- Worksource Washington - The core business is to improve the ability of our workforce to meet the demands of business and industry. Provides financial resources to qualified individuals for occupational or technical education programs and customized training in high demand occupations.
- U.S. Internal Revenue Service (small business)
- U.S. Copyright Office
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office