When is CURBSIDE RECYCLING collected and what items are accepted?
- Curbside recycling is collected every other week on the same day as your garbage collection and for single-family residents and multi-family properties it is automatically included with garbage service.
- The companies supply a calendar schedule and a large wheeled upright cart to collect the recycling. Please call your area's company to start this service and receive their list of acceptable materials.
- All accepted materials can be placed into the cart together. Your company may accept a few more materials than you see listed below.
Click here to enlarge or print image below.
- The following materials are accepted by all of the Edmonds companies in the curbside recycling:
MIXED PAPER & NEWSPAPER
- Newspaper & advertising inserts
- Junk mail & envelopes
- Cereal & dry food boxes
- Magazines, catalogs and phone books
- Frozen food boxes
- Juice Boxes
- Milk, soy milk and broth cartons
- Office & printing paper
- Wrapping paper (non-foil)
- Old calendars, maps and posters
CARDBOARD - please empty & flatten boxes first!
- All plastic bottles, jugs & jars - no caps or lids
- Round dairy tubs (yogurt, margarine, etc.)
ALUMINUM & TIN CANS
GLASS BOTTLES & JARS - no caps,lids, or any other type glass
SCRAP METAL - limit 2 ft. x 2 ft. x 2 ft., 35 lbs. No sharp or greasy metal
Note: NO PLASTIC BAGS ALLOWED - please take any unwanted plastic bags back to the major grocery stores that offer free collection bins for their customers.