Dog Friendly Parks
The City of Edmonds Alerts local Dog Owners of Kennel Cough
- January 14, 2013 (Edmonds – WA) The City of Edmonds would like to alert the public that there has been a confirmed case of kennel cough at the Off Leash Area in Edmonds. Read the full press release here.
Which of Edmonds parks allows dogs?
The following eleven City of Edmonds parks are open to dogs on leashes and only on designated paths/trails. Both leash and scoop laws are strictly enforced and must be observed when using these parks:
- Edmonds City Park (southeast wooded area)
- Haines Wharf Park (paved walkways)
- Hickman Park (paved and wooded paths)
- Hutt Park (trails)
- Maplewood Park (trails)
- Mathay-Ballinger (turf area)
- Pine Ridge Park (inner trails)
- Seaview Park (paved walkways)
- Sierra Park (paved walkways)
- Sunset Avenue (west of Sunset Ave, between Bell St & Caspers St)
- Yost Park (inner trails, Shell Valley area)
Off Leash Dog Park
South Marina Beach Park (designated off leash area on south end of park)
South Marina Beach Park Off-Leash Dog Regulations: Off leash dog area located south of Marina Beach in designated area. Scoop Law in effect. Ordinance #3451 Owner must control dog(s) at all times and carry a leash. Please close gate when entering or exiting off leash area. No alcohol, bicycles or beach fires allowed. Littering (including cigarettes) is prohibited. Please do not feed the birds. Park open from dawn until dusk.
Off Leash Area Edmonds (OLAE) non-profit organization website
Dog licenses are mandatory for all dog park users. Owners of unlicensed pets are subject to monetary fines, possible removal of the animal and other judicial punishments.
Edmonds residents can purchase pet licenses over the counter at the Edmonds Police Department -click here for more details.