Fall 2012

Welcome to the Fall Edition of Update on Edmonds

earling compressedHello again. As promised, here’s the Fall Edition of the City Newsletter. We received very positive feedback from our first effort last quarter and appreciate your comments and suggestions – please keep them coming.

It’s been busy here in Edmonds! As you’ve probably seen, we have a number of projects going on around town. Two major ones to speak of are the Perrinville/Talbot Road project and the massive redevelopment on Main Street between 5th and 6th Streets. This latter project will give a whole new look to Main Street and is forecasted to be completed by November 19th. The merchants are looking forward to the completion of the project and the “new look”. We’d like to remind everyone that during the construction process all of the quality businesses in this area are open.

The 2013 Mayor’s Budget was presented to the City Council on October 16th. The staff and I worked long and hard to pull together a budget that keeps most programs in place while taking into account our projected revenues. In the budget are $1.5 million in cuts, a 9.2 FTE (Full Time Equivalent) workforce reduction, along with plans for lowered service levels of some city services. You can view the preliminary budget on the City’s website here.

As with our finance op-eds which were in the media earlier this year, we want you to be aware of the various news, programs, initiatives, successes, and challenges inside City Hall. To that end, I continue to host “Office Hour” meetings every other Friday where community members can schedule one-on-one time with me and I will be the guest speaker at the October 25th Edmonds Chamber of Commerce Luncheon where I will discuss “Where we have been and where we are going”. If you are interested in scheduling time during “Office Hour” please contact This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. , my Executive Assistant, to set-up an appointment. For more information about the Chamber Luncheon please contact the Edmonds Chamber of Commerce.

Once again you will find a wealth of information within this edition of the newsletter and we hope you’ll take the time to give it a read and pass it along to your friends and neighbors.

Enjoy the upcoming holiday season and we’ll be back in January 2013 with the Winter Edition of “Update on Edmonds”.

Dave Earling
Mayor

Newsletter Subcription

Subscribe to Update on Edmonds

If you have questions, topics you'd like to hear about, or general feedback, please send us an email to This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.