Building, Engineering and Planning Permits
General Facility Charges
Water Utility - charges by meter size
- 3/4" meter = $5050.00
- 1" meter = $12,624.00
- 2" meter = $40,397.00
- Refer to Edmonds City Code 7.30.035 for a complete list
- Please note, this fee does not include the actual water meter fee. Refer to Development Fee Table above for water meter fees.
Sewer Utility - charges by Equivalent Residential Unit. Sewer GFC per ERU = $4417.00
- A Single Family Residence = 1 ERU
- A Multifamily Residence = 0.67 ERU per dwelling unit
- Contact an Engineering Technician for additional estimates
- Refer also to Edmonds City Code 7.30.035
Stormwater Utility - charges by Equivalent Service Unit. Storm GFC per ESU = $799.00
- A Single Family Residence = 1 ESU unless the SFR includes 5,000sf or more new, replaced or combination thereof, in which case the GFC is calculated per the ratio below.
- All developments other than SFR and SFR with over 5,000sf impervious surface area as described above shall pay GFC's at a ratio of one ESU per 3,000sf of new, replaced, or new plus replaced impervious surface area.
- Refer also to Edmonds City Code 7.50.070
Park Impact Fees
- Single-family house: $2,734.05 per dwelling unit
- Multi-family residential housing: $2340.16 per dwelling unit
- Non-residential development: $1.34 per square foot.
- Refer also to Ordinance 3934 Establishing Park Impact Fees
Transportation Impact Fees
Impact fee rates will be increasing in 2017, 2018 and 2019. Fees are noted below as well as in City handout and Code.
- Single-family house: $2873.60 per dwelling unit (2018-$4561.37, 2019-$6249.14)
- General Office: $5.01 per square foot (2018-$7.95/sf, 2019-$10.89/sf)
- Medical Office: $9.54 per square foot (2018-$15.14/sf, 2019-$20.74sf
- Edmonds Community Development Code Chapter 13.36