Engineering requirements can be found within the Edmonds Community Development Code, City handouts, policies and standard details. The following is not intended to be a comprehensive list of all project requirements. Additional information can also be found on the Permit Assistance page.
Civil Plan Sheet Information
Civil construction plans are to be submitted for all Commercial, Multi-family and Subdivision development projects. We also encourage you to submit civil construction plans for new single family residential projects.
- Print on 24 x 36 sheets
- Scale at 1" = 20'
- Include Civil Plan Sheet Index
- Include Utility Purveyor Information
- Include "Approved by Engineering" approval block - SAMPLE HERE
- Include Construction Sequence - SAMPLE HERE
- Include General Construction Notes - SAMPLE HERE
Maps - GIS
2017 Stormwater Code Update Information
The City of Edmonds stormwater code has been updated to meet Department of Ecology NPDES permit requirements. The new code is based off the 2012 (2014 amended) DOE manual. It was approved by City Council on October 4, 2016 and will go into effect January 1, 2017. Additional resources, such a stormwater addendum, checklists, and handouts are currently being drafted. We will continue to update the information provided here as content is finalized.
CODE UPDATE DOCUMENTS
- ECDC 18.30 - Stormwater Management Code - Approved by Council October 4, 2016 - Effective January 1, 2017
2016 Stormwater Codes and References
The documents provided below apply to permit applications vested prior to December 31, 2016.
- ECDC 18.30 - Stormwater Management
- Edmonds Stormwater Code Supplement
- Low Impact Development Resources
- E72 Series Stormwater Handouts
- Stormwater Pumping Systems Policy
- Permeable Pavement Policy
- Edmonds Standard Details - available in AutoCAD and PDF formats
- Permit Applications & Forms - including subdivision bond forms
- Water Outage Policy and Sample Notice
- Waste & Recycling for Contractors - Q & A
- Tree Removal and Trimming within City of Edmonds Rights-of-Way