Engineering requirements can be found within the Edmonds Community Development Code, City handouts, policies and standard details. The following is not intended to be a comprehensive list of all project requirements. Additional information can also be found on the Permit Assistance page.
Civil Plan Sheet Information
Civil construction plans are to be submitted for all Commercial, Multi-family and Subdivision development projects. We also encourage you to submit civil construction plans for new single family residential projects.
- Print on 24 x 36 sheets
- Scale at 1" = 20'
- Include Civil Plan Sheet Index
- Include Utility Purveyor Information
- Include "Approved by Engineering" approval block - SAMPLE HERE
- Include Construction Sequence - SAMPLE HERE
- Include General Construction Notes - SAMPLE HERE
Maps - GIS
2017 Stormwater Code and Reference Documents - EFFECTIVE 1/1/2017
The City of Edmonds stormwater code has been updated to meet Department of Ecology NPDES permit requirements. The new code is based off the 2012 (2014 amended) DOE manual. Additional resources, such a stormwater addendum, checklists, and handouts are currently being drafted. We will continue to update the information provided here as content is finalized.
- ECDC 18.30 - Stormwater Management Code
- Stormwater Addendum (FINAL DRAFT) - Note: Addendum Appendices are in prep and will be folded into the Addendum as soon as possible after they are completed. Target completion date is February 2017.
2016 Stormwater Code and Reference Documents
The documents provided below apply to permit applications vested prior to December 31, 2016.
- ECDC 18.30 - Stormwater Management
- Edmonds Stormwater Code Supplement
- Low Impact Development Resources
- E72 Series Stormwater Handouts
- Stormwater Pumping Systems Policy
- Permeable Pavement Policy
- Edmonds Standard Details - available in AutoCAD and PDF formats
- Permit Applications & Forms - including subdivision bond forms
- Water Outage Policy and Sample Notice
- Waste & Recycling for Contractors - Q & A
- Tree Removal and Trimming within City of Edmonds Rights-of-Way