Spring 2015
earling compressed
Happy Spring and Improved Economy,

Yes, happy spring, but the question may be... did winter ever happen? As best I can recall, we had four or five days when temperatures approached freezing during the three months we usually expect a little ice. And the kids want to know why snow didn't get them a couple of extra days off? 

As of this writing, flowers all around town are coming into bloom and the city staff is beginning work in our downtown corner gardens. Can the flower baskets be far behind?

Spring is a time of "awakening" not only in our gardens, but also in our local economy which continues to grow and expand. The "Great Recession" that started in 2008, provided some lean years until the economic turnaround started in 2013. Now I am amazed at the very busy business neighborhoods in our community. Whether it is Highway 99, Westgate, the Waterfront or the downtown core, there is a vibrancy which exceeds where we were even two years ago. And, of course, the increase in business means more sales tax which helps our city remain financially strong.

I hope you all take time to enjoy spring... with summer, and our many festivals and celebrations just around the corner, it will pass quickly. Also, please watch for news and information about how you can participate in Edmonds upcoming 125th Anniversary celebration on August 11th. We may even have a delegation from Hekinan Japan, our Sister City, here to help us celebrate!

Mayor Dave Earling

Subscribe to Update on Edmonds

By clicking subscribe, I acknowledge that the information I am submitting to the City of Edmonds is public record, as defined by the Public Records Act, RCW 42.56. Accordingly, should the City of Edmonds receive a public records request to which this document is responsive, the City of Edmonds shall disclose the record unless otherwise exempt.

If you have questions, topics you'd like to hear about, or general feedback, please send us an email to Update on Edmonds