Fall 2014

City and community leaders will speak in honor of all who have served, including Edmonds Mayor David Earling and artist and founder of the Fallen Heroes Project, Michael Reagan. 

“This is an important day for each member of the Edmonds VFW and veterans across the country,” said James Blossey, Commander of the Edmonds VFW Post. “This Veterans Day observance will mark an important milestone for Edmonds now that we have a dedicated Veterans Plaza for our community.”

The Veterans Day observance will begin at 11:00 am and include the following:

• Introductions – Jim Blossey, VFW Post Commander
  • Pledge of Allegiance
  • Mayor David Earling
  • Key Note Speaker Michael Reagan
  • Prayer – Non-denominational
  • Taps
  • Adjourn

Following the observance at Veterans Plaza, the Edmonds Cemetery Board invites the community to the Edmonds Cemetery for self-guided tours of the graves of local veterans.

Veterans Day honors Americans who have served in the U.S. Armed Forces and is observed on November 11. November 11th is also the anniversary of the end of World War I. Major hostilities of World War I were formally ended at the 11th hour of the 11th day of the 11th month of 1918, when the Armistice with Germany went into effect.

The Veterans Plaza is located between Edmonds City Hall and the Public Safety Building. The Edmonds Veterans Plaza will serve as a special tribute to the patriotic and courageous men and women who served this nation. A design competition for the Veterans Plaza will conclude on October 15, 2014, and the Veterans Plaza is projected for completion in 2015.

For additional information on the subject of this article contact Maria Montalvo at edmondsveteransplaza@gmail.com  or James Blossey, Commander, Edmonds VFW.

Subscribe to Update on Edmonds

By clicking subscribe, I acknowledge that the information I am submitting to the City of Edmonds is public record, as defined by the Public Records Act, RCW 42.56. Accordingly, should the City of Edmonds receive a public records request to which this document is responsive, the City of Edmonds shall disclose the record unless otherwise exempt.

If you have questions, topics you'd like to hear about, or general feedback, please send us an email to Update on Edmonds