Apply For A Permit
MONDAY, MARCH 23, 2020: Governor Inslee "Stay Home Stay Healthy" Order For business related inquiries please call 425.275.4823
City Council Meetings under Gubernatorial Proclamation 

Edmonds Development Permitting During the COVID-19 Emergency

Effective Tuesday, March 17 — and until further notice — City Hall is CLOSED for general public access. City Staff will continue to perform permitting activities while limiting in-person contact during the emergency.

FOR GENERAL INQUIRIES:  please contact the Development Services Department at or by phone at 425-771-0220

INSPECTIONS: Visit the Construction & Inspections Page for information on complying with the 3/25/2020 Governor's Order.

ELECTRONIC PERMIT SUBMITTALS: Visit the Apply For A Permit Page for inquiries related to electonic plan submittals and review of applications.  


Applications and payment for some permits can now be made online via MyBuildingPermit.COM. The City will be adding more permit types to this site, so please check MyBuildingPermit.Com periodically to see if the application you want to make is available online. Using the email/upload methods described below may add time to the application process.

COVID-19: In response to the Governor's Stay Home, Stay Healthy Order:

  • Permit applications are being accepted and reviewed electronically.  Contact information is provided below for each of the reviewing divisions.
  • Construction activity and inspections are being significantly restricted. To find out more, visit the "Construction and Inspections" page



  • Contact: Devlopment Services Permit Coordinators can be reached at  Direct questions related to building permit submittals and related processes, including intake appointments here.
  • Submittal Process
    • Go to MyBuildingPermit.COM (MBP) and see if you can apply for your permit online. MBP will guide you through the process.
    • If the permit cannot be applied for through MBP, complete the City Application Form and...
    • Email the application to  Applications over 25MB cannot be accepted via email.  Contact Permit Coordinators for alternative methods.