Ribbon Cutting Celebration:
Three Week Look Ahead Schedule:
The project will complete the missing link of roadway on 228th Street from Highway 99 to 76th Ave, creating a direct connection between Highway 99 and various regional transportation facilities for southwest Snohomish County.
- The center median will extend on Highway 99 to restrict the southbound left turn from 76th Ave to Highway 99.
- A safer left turn will be provided at the new signalized intersection at Highway 99 and 228th Street, with protected left turn phasing for northbound and southbound movements.
- A traffic signal will be added at 228th Street and 76th Ave.
- Bike lanes, sidewalks, and lighting will be added on both sides of 228th Street.
- The project includes a partnership between the City of Edmonds and City of Mountlake Terrace to complete a pavement overlay that will include reconstructing part of Lakeview Drive in Mountlake Terrace.
- Stormwater detention vaults, infiltration galleries, and bio-swale will be added within the project limits to improve drainage, as well as water and sewer upgrades.
- Federal Funds: $4.7 Million
- State Funds: $1.7 Million
- Construction: June 2015 - June 2016
Highway 99 Enahancement Project (Phase 3)
The Highway 99 Lighting project consists of adding decorative lighting, pedestiran lights, and banners along Highway 99 from 220th Street to 212th Street to enhance the aesthetics, create a gateway, and improve roadway and pedestrian safety on this stretch of Highway 99. This project serves as an extension to the Phase 1 & 2 Highway 99 Lighting project that was completed in 2013.